director, dod it R&d
Employment Type: Full time or Contract
Location: National Capital Region (DC/MD/VA)
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Milcord, an information technology research and software development company, is seeking a proven Director for DOD IT R&D to develop and close business opportunities within the Department of Defense. The ideal candidate will identify, qualify, and develop business opportunities, as well as cultivate and maintain customer relations focusing on developing new business within the Army, Air Force, Navy, USMC, and intelligence communities. Specifically, this position will concentrate on business involving custom application software development and consulting. This employee will work from home located in the metro DC area, with periodic trips to Boston for coordination. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic business development professional to own and execute a successful market strategy with commensurate reward.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all business development activities associated with the identification, qualification and closing of new business opportunities within the assigned DoD market segments. The candidate will identify and build relationships with all key decision makers for individual opportunities, and to articulate potential clients how Milcord capabilities can be combined to win new business. The candidate will identify budgets, technical requirements, applicability of Milcord capabilities and technology, and strengths and weakness of competitors. The candidate will support Delivery Managers to develop winning proposals. The candidate will work with Delivery Managers to develop notional solutions and high level win strategies for business pursuits, and be responsible for generating RFI responses, quad charts, white papers, and proposals. Extensive research and writing is required, along with practical experience in developing working proposals. Responsible for the value proposition, win strategy, gap analysis, teaming strategy and teaming agreements, proposal, price-to-win, proposal product development, color team reviews, submission and final proposal revisions.
Preferred position location is National Capital Region.
- 5+ years experience in new business development, preferably with 2+ years of successful business development expertise in marketing information technology R&D to the DoD and intelligence communities
- A well-developed network of professional relationships in the Washington Metropolitan DoD and intelligence communities to forge new partnerships with clients and industry partners
- Knowledge of DoD component acquisition and budget processes
- Familiarity with DoD/intelligence challenges and requirements, from both technical and operational perspectives
- A solid understanding of the DoD information technology R&D market
- Proven experience bidding against and winning $100K-$2M+ opportunities in the DoD and intelligence marketplaces
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial small business environment with constrained resources
- Ability to leverage existing program management relationships to identify and win adjacent opportunities
- Secret clearance
- Ability to think strategically
- Well versed in industry analysis, and able to anticipate market trends in order to align Milcord capabilities with winning solutions that help customers meet their mission objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications, customer facing presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, and a strong sales/marketing presence
- Must be able to clearly present ideas to senior management, line management, and customers
- Maintain the company business opportunity knowledge base to generate reports, presentations, metrics and other data necessary to support bid decisions
Milcord is a Boston based information R&D company that builds innovation driven custom applications for the warfighter on open source software platforms. The company has a successful track record in transitioning government funded R&D into DoD Acquisition Programs of Record.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter, or for more information.