Employment Type: Full time
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Milcord is a small, Boston-based R&D firm that focuses on custom enterprise class application software development that builds advanced, customer-centric technology solutions that meet not only the requirements of today, but integrate the innovative technology trends of tomorrow. If you have a passion for agile object oriented software development, a drive to balance design complexity with on-time staged delivery, and the experience to perform at a high level with a small focused team in a structured agile framework, we would welcome the opportunity to learn about your passions and aspirations. This is an opportunity that will call upon your love for building applications while leveraging your experience while learning new skills.
As a Software Engineer you will help drive innovation and solve real problems that are impacting today’s national security. In particular, you will be involved in the post-deployment support of a Civil Information Management System – a cloud based system with mobile data collection front-end deployed worldwide. You will address and mitigate issues discovered during and after deployment, modify software to accommodate operating environment changes due to platform upgrades, apply security updates as needed, implement adjustments required to improve overall performance, as well as develop and deploy new features requested by users.
● Research, design, develop and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms and implement within software prototypes in collaboration with a team of software developers
● Communicate with multidisciplinary team, effectively articulate technical concepts and development
● Coordinate with research partners, government customers, and seek new collaboration opportunities
● Write proposals for business development
● Manage projects to ensure timely delivery of research and development deliverables
The ideal background and experience we are seeking is the following:
- Deep programming expertise in one or more high level programming languages (Java, C++)
- Comfortable with source and version control (Git)
- Expertise in databases, including SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Linux configuration and management of system services, network analytics
- A passion for and experience with working on open-source platforms
- Cloud applications development with big data (AWS)
- U.S. Citizenship, and ability to obtain Secret clearance
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (PHPUnit/Cucumber/Selenium) and Continuous Integration (Jenkins CI/Gitlab CI)
- Experience building mobile applications on Android framework
- DoD experience
Milcord is a Boston based information R&D company that builds innovation driven custom applications for the warfighter on open source software platforms. The company has a successful track record in transitioning government funded R&D into DoD Acquisition Programs of Record.
HOW TO APPLY
Principals email firstname.lastname@example.org resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter, and a portfolio of projects (executable software, or screen shots, or link to a publicly available web site) that will enable us evaluate your software engineering proficiency.